Effective October 7, 2020, a facial covering will be required for everyone inside our facilities except:
- Children under the age of 5
- Individuals who have trouble breathing, especially during accelerated physical exertion activities
- Those with medical conditions that prevent wearing of a face covering
- Those who have mental health conditions, sensory sensitivities or developmental disabilities
- While swimming, using aquatics facilities, or showering
- On-duty lifeguards
- While eating or drinking
- When an individual is speaking while leading an activity as long as they remain 8 feet from others
Members are encouraged to inform Y staff upon arrival if they qualify for an exception to the state of WI emergency order. If a participant removes their mask during physical activity, Y staff will assume they are exempt from the state-wide mandate. While staff may offer a mask to all participants, they can decline that offer based on their exemption.
If you fall under a state-wide exemption listed above, you will be REQUIRED to wear a face covering while entering and exiting the building, throughout the building, throughout the facility in common areas and anytime you are within 8 feet of someone else.
We ask that all members respect the privacy of others. Please assume participants without facial coverings are exempt from the state-wide mandate.
We encourage, but do not require, those outside of our facilities (athletic fields, parking lots, etc.) to:
- Wear face coverings except children under the age of 5
- Maintain an appropriate distance, six feet or more, from all other parties
- Limit contact to infrequent or incidental movement with fitness activities
Thank you for your ongoing cooperation in the keeping our community safe and healthy.
Keeping Our Y Safe
The Y is:
- Performing temperature scans of all members & staff at check in
- Providing cleaning materials for members to wipe down equipment before & after use
- Requiring a face covering in all areas of the facility
- Practicing physical distancing by keeping at least 6 feet away from others whenever possible
- Reducing capacity in all areas according to health guidelines
- Implementing rigorous sanitizing protocols
Before you leave home:
- Change into your workout attire
- Bring your face covering (mask)
- Bring your own sweat towel and filled water bottle
- Bring your own shower towel
- Bring your own lock