Spring Clean Your Body, Mind and Spirit
Thursday, March 10, 2016
As I write this article, I have all the windows open as a wonderful breeze wisps through the house. My weather app on my phone says 64 degrees. What a wonderful way to start a spring blog post! Amidst being a wife, mommy, and my job at The Y, I’m also spring cleaning my house. I’ve already wiped down light switches and door knobs to rid the winter germs as well as taken a few trips of donations to the thrift shop. Just like we spring clean our homes, we should also take a good “cleaning” to our bodies, minds, and spirits.
Refresh Your Body
- Take stock of how you treat your body on a day to day basis inside and out.
- For the inside, make healthy choices when it comes to food and make sure condiments, spices, and herbs are all still safe to use. Expired foods won’t do our bodies any good!
- Be honest with yourself in regards to your water consumption and up it if need be.
- Digestion is also a key area when it comes to the health of our bodies. If you feel you could use a tune-up in that area, talk with your doctor.
- As always, have an exercise routine that works for you!
- Just like we want to be healthy and feel good on the inside, we should have the same goal for our skin and outward appearance.
- You should also check products that go on our skin like toiletries and makeup for expiration dates.
- A great way to refresh your body, mind, and spirit can even be something like a new hairstyle, or some fun new pieces to your wardrobe!
Rethink Your Mind
When it comes to cleaning our minds, there is one area that comes to mind. Self-talk. A great way to refresh ourselves is to consider the way we think about ourselves, others, and life itself. Negative self-talk can have a very detrimental effect on how we handle life. When a problem arises, try to think of a different point of view and remove the “personal” attachment from it. Stay positive and surround yourself with people and things that encourage and uplift you!
Renew Your Spirit
To me, our spirit is the part that makes us, us. If you feel like your spirit has dimmed some, take on adventures or hobbies that renew your soul. Find something you connect with and make it part of your life.
All these tips encompass self-care which connects our body, mind and spirit to a sense of well-being. I hope these tips will leave you feeling rejuvenated!
Cassie Kupsky Integrative Nutrition Health Coach, Personal Trainer
Greater Green Bay YMCA