Mind & Body
Welcome to Mind & Body | Yoga
Yoga is now a Free offering for Members just like any of our other Group Exercise classes!
The Y has a reputation for being the leader in health and wellness programming. We are excited to offer yoga through our Mind & Body program. Based on feedback from participants, we continue to expand our options and offerings for members and non-members alike.
Yoga services take place in our studios at the Ferguson Family, East Side, and West Side locations. Yoga studios feature new flooring along with custom built benches and storage cubbies. The East Side and Ferguson Family YMCAs offer hot yoga with a specialized heating system.
All Mind & Body Instructors are certified with our yoga instructors completing 200 hours of training.
Mind & Body Etiquette
- Wear fresh, non-restrictive and comfortable clothing, suitable for exercise. Yoga is practiced with bare feet. Remove shoes at the entrance of mind and body studio (cubbies are provided).
- Please be on time. Studios are open before class.
- Turn off your cell phone.
- It is important to avoid eating too much or too little before your yoga practice.
- Bring a filled water bottle.
- You must bring your own mat, towel, block, and strap as the Y no longer offers these tools.
- Please avoid wearing any perfumes or strongly scented lotions inside the studio.
- If you need to leave early, please position yourself close to the door, be as quiet as possible.
- Please ask the instructor for help if you are confused or uncomfortable.
- Enjoy your yoga practice with patience and mindfulness. Always remember to practice within your ability and honor your body.