Frequently Asked Questions
- Uses more skill-based swim instruction
- Maximizes physical activity
- More emphasis on safety
- Elevates confidence level
- More opportunities for families to engage
- Students begin with those skills they are ready to learn.
- New skills are repeated often to reinforce success.
- Students have fun and develop new friendships as they get to know one another through group activities.
- Students gain important skills that will keep them safe in and around water.
- Students learn in a student-centered, caring atmosphere and receive personalized attention.
- Lessons are developmentally appropriate to ensure quick and effective teaching of swimming skills.
- Well-trained instructors prioritize safety and encourage students to develop a lifelong interest in aquatics.
- Aquatics staff inform parents of students’ progress and actively encourage at-home activities and conversations related to swimming, water safety, and character development.
- Lessons promote and reinforce the Y’s core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
- Welcome letters with the skills listed that your child will be working on, the instructor’s name and an intro to the program.
- Mid-Session Reports
- At home activity sheets to help students who want to practice things at home or are looking to work on a skill they are having a difficult time with in class.
- Safety & Character Topics
- All swim instructors now have a formalized training and resources that focus on how to better teach each student by setting expectations, building relationships, water adjustment/how to become more comfortable with skills, and how to use the safety & character topics to delve more deeply into why we do what we do. The resource also gives the swim instructors a wide variety of activities along with how the activity helps build specific skills.
- New certificates of achievement
How to Register
|In Person||By Phone||Online|
|At any Green Bay Y
Business Services Hours
|920 436 9595
Business Services Hours
View classes online, check out a printable version of the current Program Guide or download an overview brochure about our Swim Lessons programming:
View Classes Online » Program Guide » Download Brochure »
Still Have Questions?
Contact our Aquatic Directors about the swim lessons program:
|Broadview||Wendy Grelson||436 9589|
|East Side||Stephanie Kaufman||436 1246|
|Ferguson Family||Chelsea Vosters||436 9672|
|West Side||Lauren Joerns||436 9518|